We asked our team what they learnt after recently visiting RBTL22 in London. Keep reading to find out what they took away from the hospitality technology event.
Our CTO Paul Halfpenny, Head of Production (Sarah Vaughan) and Business Analyst (Darryl Smith) recently visited the Restaurant & Bar Tech Live 2022 at the ExCeL in London.
The event was organised by Fortem International and featured a range of hospitality industry professionals, products, technology and more.
We asked Paul and the team what they enjoyed most and for their key takeaways from the event, which are:
– Companies are now re-evaluating the somewhat rushed technology choices they made during the global pandemic.
– The focus of 2023 for businesses is mainly workforce management, labour scheduling and employee engagement.
– The hospitality industry as a whole is facing the challenge of retaining staff and offering training opportunities, due to the high number of vacancies available.
– Recruitment is now utilising AI and as a result, candidates don’t need as much experience as they used to.
– Soft skills and enthusiasm are being prioritised over hard skills, which candidates can be taught while in-post.
The team also enjoyed attending talks from industry experts such as:
From Artificial Intelligence to the Metaverse – embracing the future of hospitality tech – Olivia Fitzgerald, Zonal
What’s The Future of Ordering? – Will Jackson, Mr Yum
How To Use Tech to Maximise Your Profitability – Laura San Segundo, EMenu Now. Vikram Badwar, KFC. Dino Sura, Lobster. James Goldsworthy, Punch Pubs
The Future of Technology in the Restaurant Industry – Amy-Marie Williams, Route. Andrew Broster, Evexi
AI Recruitment Unlocks Growth for Hospitality – Jennifer Johansson, Inclusion. Mark Tomlinson, Placed App & Pizza Express
To hear more from Paul day to day, you can connect with him on LinkedIn. Alternatively, you can follow our company page here for weekly updates.
If you’d like to talk to us about your next digital project, please make sure to get in touch to organise a convenient time to chat.
Learn more about what we do here at Filter by visiting our Solutions Section.